Friday, January 4, 2013

2013 New Year's Resolution

Why create a blog? This year I hope to do a watercolor a week. That means a year from now I'll have a collection of 52 paintings, and hopefully a handful of them will be decent. This blog keeps me honest. I'll have to post each one and that'll help me remain committed to my endeavor.
So, here we go!

Step 1: 

My first step is to draw up a list of different things that seem like they might become good watercolor images.
-gates
-backlight
-iceland poppies
-light green grapes
-ornaments (a nod to Athena Xenakis)
-mason jars
-small jars with simple plain flowers
-padlocks
-a roll of twine
-persimmons
-eggplant
-clothespins (wood w/ coil)
-candy
NO strawberries
-a long visit to the Berkeley Bowl produce section
-an onion
-hanging laundry: wet, transparent
-old doors, architecture, peeling paint
-tea
and, of course, more ideas as they come along. I'll now keep an eye out for these things. Some will be painted from real life and others I'll photograph or look for preexisting photos here.
Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment