Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Two Studies

These are paintings that I squeeze in between my larger efforts- I need to experiment and try out some ideas with these paintings. Sometimes they come out much better than the bigger projects. For instance, with "Neblulous" the very first thing I hit was that core shadow in the cup. I held off and didn't touch it again for the rest of the painting, and feel like it was serendipitous. I really like how the pigment fell. I also like how the big blue vase loses itself in the background. 


"Nebluelous" - 11 x 17"




"Party ! Hats" was a better photograph than painting, but I was enamored with the organic nature of the elastic strings. Yep: that's using maskoid, and I'm not a big fan of it. In this particular case I think it was crying out to be used. Fun and done.
Party ! Hats - 10 x 10"

I can't 

No comments:

Post a Comment